Scored a preowned 2014 2lt with DC and only 166 miles in PA!

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrikazen

Well, in MD actually... And the best part was I got the first place on the title! :eek:

How you say? The dealer had me sign a document saying this "preowned" was actually a gm training vehicle from Atlanta (?). Only 166 miles!!

Right now I'm just so happy to get one! For the past month I've been calling dealers all over MD I haven't found one who would sell me a new 2015 since I was going to register it in PA. But a preowned... No problem! :D

And for anyone in MD still looking: I know that Criswell in Thurmond just got their 2015s today and I believe there is still one white preowned 2014 at Miller Bros in Ellicott.

I think he/she might as they're first in titling it! Congratulations and you'll love it especially since it has a quick charge! Let me know how it goes! I don't have QC on mine and I'm had it for only 3 weeks with already nearly 1200 miles in the car!

This is one reason why I wanted to post here and to see what other people thought. I'm almost positive that I would be eligible since there is no existing record in NMTVIS for the car so legally am the first "owner". The language in the IRS code 30D I think supports this also:

(d) New qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle
For purposes of this section—
(1) In generalThe term “new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle—
(A)the original use of which commences with the taxpayer,

Also, I should be eligible for PA rebate (first title holder and under 500 miles) which is another 2k! :D

I'm sure glad to get in on this EV thing before it becomes more popular and these incentives start drying up... People at work are really surprised at it because there are only volts and an egolf here.

Ben

I'm pretty sure the Feds will want the original MSO, Manufacturers Statement of Origin.
If that is in your stack of paper work you should be golden!

xrikazen, if you are near Kennett Square, please join us...

https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=380

Mark,
I will try to make it there for your NDEW event if I am in state. I am about 30 miles east of Kennett. Had a silver Spark EV for about two months.

drsurd

Back