2015 Spark EV 1LT 1200 mi for sale - $15289

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpa808

Hi there, I'm selling my 3 month old Spark EV. Only 1200 mi. If anyone is interested, please email [email protected] or call 3106667977. I am located in Foster City, CA. I loved having this car but unfortunately I am moving to where I won't need a car. I own the car and have the lease in hand.

Jason

I guess this is a forum so let me pose a question. What is a fair price for this car? I keep dropping the price and I am just met with radio silence.

jpa808 said:
... I own the car and have the lease in hand.
Jason

I'm not in the market, but maybe I can help.
Which is it? Do you own the car? Or are you leasing (renting) it?

wow dealers are only offering 11k trade-in value for that car. I guess word to the wise... don't get a spark if you think your situation might change where you will need to off-load it. I think I'll need to wait until the federal and CA rebates dry up to sell the car.

Considering new SparkEV on sale is about $24K, $7.5K fed + $2.5K CA would result in $14K when new in CA. Even without sale, it's $16K ($26K pre subsidy). You might have better luck selling out of state where new would be $2.5K more than CA.

And of course stealership will offer far less.

Pegasus said:
Have you tried listing it on eBay Motors? I'm certain there are folks in other states that want to get one of these.

I'll try that idea thanks! So far it has been radio silence from Craigslist and autotrader.

jpa808 said:
Hi there, I'm selling my 3 month old Spark EV. Only 1200 mi. If anyone is interested, please email [email protected] or call 3106667977. I am located in Foster City, CA. I loved having this car but unfortunately I am moving to where I won't need a car. I own the car and have the lease in hand.

Jason

I envy you in many ways not to have to have a car. I'd love to live somewhere eventually where I can dump my car and not have to have one. Even if it's electric.

nozferatu said:
jpa808 said:

Jason

I envy you in many ways not to have to have a car. I'd love to live somewhere eventually where I can dump my car and not have to have one. Even if it's electric.

Oh... my situations is not to be envy'd. haha I wish I never had to move. The rent keeps going up and I'm getting pushed out. Now I have to resort to moving close to public transportation and getting rid of my car.

jpa808 said:
Pegasus said:
Have you tried listing it on eBay Motors? I'm certain there are folks in other states that want to get one of these.

I'll try that idea thanks! So far it has been radio silence from Craigslist and autotrader.
Once you list it, you might also try sending a "tip" to AutoblogGreen who may make a post about it since it's so limited-availability. (They've done so before.)

Back