Backup Camera & Turn Signal Repeaters

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernSpark

Even though I'm an owner, I've been keeping my eyes open for Spark EVs coming into the used market in my area, since the car is still about as rare as a DeLorean around these parts. I stumbled across the following:

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Chevrolet/Spark+EV/Burlington/Ontario/5_26700609_ON20071203105204834/

2LT trim, as evidenced by the leather-wrapped steering wheel and leatherette seats. However, I also noticed that it has a backup camera and side turn signal repeaters - were these ever offered as options (as far as I know, they were not, but maybe I'm wrong) - or are they more likely to be aftermarket?

Those are the bigger rectangular rear view mirrors (Korean version?) discussed in another thread here.
And that looks like the factory back up camera location. Has anyone integrated an aftermarket camera to the center display? I think not.

Now,,,, have the Canucks been getting this Premium version of the Spark EV all this time?
Is it for sale like this across the border in the Great White North?

What's up with that? I want that version!!
Thanks Obama, or GM, or whoever is short changing the American Spark EV owners...... :? :lol: :x

NORTON said:
Thanks Obama, or GM, or whoever is short changing the American Spark EV owners...... :? :lol: :x
Spark EV is sold for $24K in Canada and Mexico while US is sold for $26K. For a "compliance car", why are they selling cheaper in places that don't get compliance credits? While there are some sales in US to bring the price down to $24K, that's rare. Scroll down in link below. Short changed in US, indeed!

http://sparkev.blogspot.com/2016/02/sparkev-pricing-and-depreciation.html

NorthernSpark said:
However, I also noticed that it has a backup camera and side turn signal repeaters - were these ever offered as options (as far as I know, they were not, but maybe I'm wrong) - or are they more likely to be aftermarket?

Can you get a VIN number for this? With the VIN, we can look up the software programming to see how it compares to other Spark EVs. I don't see it online, maybe a call to the dealer would get it?

Thanks!

Bryce

SparkevBlogspot said:
...Spark EV is sold for $24K in Canada and Mexico while US is sold for $26K. ...Scroll down in link below. Short changed in US, indeed!

The link to Canada Spark EV,,, in your link,, shows Canuck Spark EV's with the same small triangular outside rear view mirrors as the US model.
I didn't see any mention of a back up camera.

So, Where TH did the car at the top of this thread come from? I want one like that !!

NORTON said:
So, Where TH did the car at the top of this thread come from? I want one like that !!
Given that Canada was only for fleet sales until 2016, it could be that's fleet model. It could also be that's import from Korea as the mirror is "rectangular" in Korean model. Korean model is far more expensive than other countries before subsidy (about $35K USD vs $26K in US).

http://www.chevrolet.co.kr/vehicle/spark-ev.gm

In configuring the car in Korean web site, there is no option, so back up camera is probably standard. But that's awful expensive at ~$9K pre-subsidy more than US.

Nashco said:
NorthernSpark said:
However, I also noticed that it has a backup camera and side turn signal repeaters - were these ever offered as options (as far as I know, they were not, but maybe I'm wrong) - or are they more likely to be aftermarket?

Can you get a VIN number for this? With the VIN, we can look up the software programming to see how it compares to other Spark EVs. I don't see it online, maybe a call to the dealer would get it?

Thanks!

Bryce

KL8CL6S01EC400054

Back