2014 spark ev recall notice in mail

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evboy

i received a letter from gm about the battery possibly showing a different charge than is actual. i thought this problem was just with the Bolt.

evboy said:
i received a letter from gm about the battery possibly showing a different charge than is actual. i thought this problem was just with the Bolt.

I got the letter too and I took both my 2014 and 2015 Spark EVs in for the update. The 2015 does not seem to be different but I am seeing a small improvement in my 2014 in terms of miles / kwh.

When I got Sparky back yesterday I was startled to see only 26 miles left on the GoM. I had charged it overnight and the dealer is a 20 minute drive away. I also noticed that the odometer was indicating my lifetime average efficiency was 51.1 miles per kWh. Obviously that is false.

average-51-miles-per-kWh.jpg

It charged up OK overnight, I'm not going to worry about their programming math error.

StevesWeb said:
When I got Sparky back yesterday I was startled to see only 26 miles left on the GoM. I had charged it overnight and the dealer is a 20 minute drive away. I also noticed that the odometer was indicating my lifetime average efficiency was 51.1 miles per kWh. Obviously that is false.

average-51-miles-per-kWh.jpg

It charged up OK overnight, I'm not going to worry about their programming math error.
My 2014 did the same thing only not as extreme as yours did. According to the display, I barely made it home from the dealer. But, after a full charge overnight, everything started working correctly and continues to do so. Gotta love computers and software!

I just scheduled my vehicle for the update. It is my first trip to a dealer for a recall, ever (45 Years old). This is the newest car I have ever owned.

MrDRMorgan said:
...I barely made it home from the dealer. But, after a full charge overnight, everything started working correctly and continues to do so. Gotta love computers and software!
Was it ever working incorrectly before this SW load?

Has anyone reported an improvement in,, something?

No notable improvement in anything since the latest sw update in my 2015 daily driver. Then again, I never experienced any misleading readouts related to range over past 17 months of use. Perhaps the update might prevent some specific set of circumstances from causing a range issue - perhaps not.

Joe M in WV

Back