Estimated miles accuracy?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evboy

Today i was driving and the average miles froze at 18 for a while. It didnt move and i must have driven a good 7 miles. when I was at a red light i turned the car off to see what it showed and it showed 14 miles per kwh which is impossible. I was going 45 to 50 miles a hour. eventually the numbers started to go down to about 7 by the time i got home. Does this have something to do with the software update of that module i did last week. I never had that happen before the software update. is there a problem or is this the way it was supposed to act all along and the software update corrected it.

it all depends on what the driving conditions where.
Let us say you were driving 70mph on the highway for a while, it gets down to 18 mile of range left, and then you exit the highway and start driving 20mph downtown.

That situation would lead to the range left of 18 miles staying the same, or even going up as you are now driving 20mph.
This is because the 18 miles were an estimation based on you driving at 70mph and using a lot of kWh per mile.
Now that you are suddenly driving at 20mph you are using much less kwh and so your range is actually much bigger than these 18 miles.

Note: the 14 miles per kWh dos sound abnormally high

Oh boy,,,, My current (old) SW levels are fine with me.

Please don't dik with my car if it is working great, as is.

I routinely see my GoM range increase by 7 miles when I drive 5 miles from home to downtown, it's almost entirely downhill and I travel city streets, maximizing regen when possible. It's all as expected because if I kept driving downhill my actual range would keep increasing. Of course then I have to drive uphill to get home...

The other factors cited above are important too, but altitude changes and the nature of terrain have a big impact.

Back