Chevy Spark EV Interior Features

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

west

Chevy Spark EV Interior Features.
2013-chevrolet-spark-ev-26_600x0w_zps9a200bb1.jpg

I love the touch screen display of Chevy Spark EV. Is there any detailed information about other features?

west said:

nice explanation

I like the aim for simplicity but I think they could go further with it, there is still to many buttons and knobs in Chevy Spark to remember or forget. Sometimes the car-makers wanna make a stellar product but they forget that the customer wants simplicity and great design.

Jimmy said:
west said:

nice explanation

I like the aim for simplicity but I think they could go further with it, there is still to many buttons and knobs in Chevy Spark to remember or forget. Sometimes the car-makers wanna make a stellar product but they forget that the customer wants simplicity and great design.

We are getting a little bit spoiled by the tech industry with those great designs and simplicity (Apple) and I'm pretty sure that the rest will have to follow, especially the car industry which relies heavily on design but no simplicity.

Is it just me, or is it dumb that the electric blue interior accents are the same no matter what the outside color is. If your car is blue, they match, otherwise not. I'd like my white car to have white accents. Humph.

The main graphic interface is like designed by a bunch of 11-year olds (I did say that already in this forum). I can't count very well the range bars remaining despite the thicker band separating 5 bottom from 5 top ones. I actually have to focus on the thin dark bands separating the green bars (or discs--whatever they are) to count them. Very poorly designed.

With the entertainment screen I particularly dislike the way it renders mp3 music files from my thumb drive, and how laborious it is to change a music folder. It's pathetic as compared to my Leaf. Trust me on this, I play with both all the time. I call it the submarine effect--all you can see is this huge track name that won't even fit and has to scroll half the time. The rest of the music info is just too small or simply missing (like: track 5 of 12). Look at the Leaf and you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm a big advocate of dedicated physical buttons, like AM FM CD, etc. Foolproof and fast. Putting everything on a screen is becomming an EV tech copout. (Imagine Tesla's screen died - you have absolutely nothing...)

Back to Spark: Have you inadvertantly brushed over the volume buttons? About million times? I rest my case.

Chevy needs to get down and dirty and take a good look how it's done right.

SenorChispa said:
Is it just me, or is it dumb that the electric blue interior accents...
Not to mention the fact they reflect in the side mirror, at times so harsh you cannot see anything on the left side. I am actually ready to cover them with matte black tape.

Back