Chevy Spark EV Warranty

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparks

Does anyone in the Spark EV Forum has any idea about the warranties that come with Chevy Spark EV? I have been searching for them.

sparks said:
Does anyone in the Spark EV Forum has any idea about the warranties that come with Chevy Spark EV? I have been searching for them.

Bumper to Bumper: 3 years or 36,000 miles
Drive Train: 5 years or 100,000 miles

link

MysteriousJ said:
The battery also has an 8-year / 100,000 mile warranty.

Those warranties are required in California, but they typically don't cover degradation (loss of stored energy capacity over time).

Regarding the battery warranty, after doing some digging (and calling the Spark EV customer line,) from http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty.html:
This Voltec warranty covers repairs to correct any Voltec component defect related to materials or workmanship occurring during the 8-year/100,000 mile term for the following:

Propulsion Battery Warranty Policy

Like all batteries, the amount of energy that the high-voltage “propulsion” battery can store will decrease with time and miles driven. Depending on use, the battery may degrade as little as 10 percent to as much as 30 percent of capacity over the warranty period. A dealer service technician will determine if the battery energy capacity (kWh storage) is within the proper limit, given the age and mileage of the vehicle. Your Volt battery warranty replacement may not return your vehicle to “as-new” condition, but it will make your Volt fully operational appropriate to its age and mileage.
This is specifically for the Volt but the Spark EV team told me the Spark EV's policy is the same, except that it's up to 35% degradation, though that's a doomsday scenario. So it's warranted to have at least 65% of original capacity for 8 years/100K miles (10/150K in CA?,) which is 13.65kWh (65% of 21kWh,) so roughly 53 miles (65% of the nominal 82.) That'll still work fine for me. :)

Pegasus said:
This is specifically for the Volt but the Spark EV team told me the Spark EV's policy is the same, except that it's up to 35% degradation, though that's a doomsday scenario. So it's warranted to have at least 65% of original capacity for 8 years/100K miles (10/150K in CA?,) which is 13.65kWh (65% of 21kWh,) so roughly 53 miles (65% of the nominal 82.) That'll still work fine for me. :)
This is why I'm glad I leased my Spark EV, if the worse case was to have 35% degradation which resulted in only 53 miles of range, I would have "range anxiety" every work day if that was the case... :shock: I am still hoping by the end of my current lease (6/16) the Tesla Model E will be available and be priced reasonably equipped for around $35k otherwise I'll have to explore other options. :)

Back