How to dim the screen - too bright at night.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

78K5Blazer

I drove my Spark EV for the first time at night, and the instrument display (the one behind the steering wheel) is too bright. I like to dim the instruments panel a lot in conventional cars. Is this possible in my Spark?

78K5Blazer said:
I drove my Spark EV for the first time at night, and the instrument display (the one behind the steering wheel) is too bright. I like to dim the instruments panel a lot in conventional cars. Is this possible in my Spark?

Yes next to the side window adjustments there is a scroller...use that. However, during the day when you turn off DRLs, it goes full brightness.

You should check out the owner's manual it has all the features and instructions that can make the experience more comfortable and safe.

nozferatu said:
Yes next to the side window adjustments there is a scroller...use that. However, during the day when you turn off DRLs, it goes full brightness.

Indeed there it is. Couldn't find that in the manual. Thank you evil one.

78K5Blazer said:
nozferatu said:

Indeed there it is. Couldn't find that in the manual. Thank you evil one.

Very welcome...as I don't sleep at night I found that out the hard way...lol....just kidding.

It's on page 6-5 in the lighting section. I just checked it out and learned something new. If you leave an interior light or headlight on then exit the vehicle it will automatically shut off after a certain amount of time to save battery. Pretty smart stuff :)

Chaconzies said:
It's on page 6-5 in the lighting section. I just checked it out and learned something new. If you leave an interior light or headlight on then exit the vehicle it will automatically shut off after a certain amount of time to save battery. Pretty smart stuff :)
My F-150 does the same thing. It has saved me many times.

One word of caution. If you dim the panel too much, the center panel goes completely dark during the day (at least on my Spark). Then you're left wondering what's wrong with it. Just adjust the brightness back up and it re-appears.

Back