spark ev wont say ready and wont run after small collision

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandiegoacuna

hi i crash my spark yesterday minimum damage but the driver airbag deployed and the car wont say ready any more wont run any help any one how to reset the system thank you :(

sandiegoacuna said:
hi i crash my spark yesterday minimum damage but the driver airbag deployed and the car wont say ready any more wont run any help any one how to reset the system thank you :(

I'm sorry to hear that. You will have to have to car towed to a dealer for repairs.

Good luck !

sandiegoacuna said:

If the vehicle decelerated against something hard enough to deploy both the airbag inertia sensors. They ain't no way that vehicle should be driven without a though inspection. I'm surprised the windshield wasn't winkled via the airbag.
The vehicle crumple zone has to have been shortened from absorbing energy. Plus the vehicle no longer offers air bag protection in case there is another crash.
You don't want that vehicle moving under it's own power for now. I've seen "good looking " vehicles wrote off as they were sprung beyond economical repair.
We had a 4X4 jimmy smacked form behind via somebody talking on a cell phone instead of driving. We should have sold or traded that turkey right after the repairs. It went from a stellar ride to endless problems.

Hi can you post pictures of the damage and prices of the parts, I'm sure a lot of would like to know what it would cost to get parts replaced.

buickanddeere said:
sandiegoacuna said:

If the vehicle decelerated against something hard enough to deploy both the airbag inertia sensors. They ain't no way that vehicle should be driven without a though inspection. I'm surprised the windshield wasn't winkled via the airbag.
The vehicle crumple zone has to have been shortened from absorbing energy. Plus the vehicle no longer offers air bag protection in case there is another crash.
You don't want that vehicle moving under it's own power for now. I've seen "good looking " vehicles wrote off as they were sprung beyond economical repair.
We had a 4X4 jimmy smacked form behind via somebody talking on a cell phone instead of driving. We should have sold or traded that turkey right after the repairs. It went from a stellar ride to endless problems.

I second that,
if the air bag was deployed, there was "enough" reasons for it to do so.
My son (who actually put me up to buying the Spark) calls new cars PCs on wheels. You must have the insurance on the car, right? Why not to proceed as the process was intended to, by towing it to the dealer.

nmikmik said:
I second that,
if the air bag was deployed, there was "enough" reasons for it to do so.
Yep. Doesn't sound like that the collision was that "small" if the airbags deployed.

Per page 24 of the ERG at http://afvsafetytraining.com/erg/Chevrolet-Spark-2014_1.pdf, the contactors within the high voltage battery are commanded open whenever the airbags deploy. (I can't copy and paste from that PDF.)

sandiegoacuna said:
hi cwerdna thank you so much for your information it was so helpful :)

I am not very good at this, so I am not quite clear if you are trying to be appreciative or sarcastic towards someone that is really trying to help.
As a matter of fact, I am truly appreciative for the link. I think I saw something similar in the owner manual, but not as extensive.

Back