Easy, functional Cruise Control Mod.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NORTON

The Cruise Control buttons are 4 in a row. You have to look to see where your finger is on this row of buttons.
Here's a Mod that makes the buttons tactile.

This allows finding your place on this row without looking down, for only 4 cents.
Only you have to buy 144 of these dots on a sheet. I wish I could share the 143 leftover 'bumpers' with everyone that wants one, but how would that work?
I got them here: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005S1TJLC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00 . they have other uses around the house.

I don't know how much I would use cruise control myself, but I found a somewhat similar issue with the key fob (maybe an even smaller version of these would work). Toyotas (which is all I've owned thus far) have a very pronounced dot on the 'lock' button on the key fob, and therefore I can easily lock/unlock without much fumbling or even needing to look at the key fob. There is a slightly raised piece on the 'unlock' button on the Spark's key fob, but it's much less pronounced than what I'm used to.

NorthernSpark said:
I don't know how much I would use cruise control myself, but I found a somewhat similar issue with the key fob (maybe an even smaller version of these would work). Toyotas (which is all I've owned thus far) have a very pronounced dot on the 'lock' button on the key fob, and therefore I can easily lock/unlock without much fumbling or even needing to look at the key fob. There is a slightly raised piece on the 'unlock' button on the Spark's key fob, but it's much less pronounced than what I'm used to.

The "unlock" button is the one closest to the bump on the face. I was really annoyed at this huge button (used to flip the mechanical key out) since it's almost NEVER necessary, but the side benefit is that this big button is much easier to feel while the fob is in my pocket. Since we have keyless entry instead of passive entry (boo!), this allows me to unlock the car without actually taking the fob out of my pocket. I still wish we had passive entry to match our passive start, of course.

Try it out, after a few times you'll remember...to open the car you push the button next to the one that opens the key. Open key, open car...open key, open car...

Bryce

Back