First Service Visit, Two Recalls on 2014 Spark EV

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevesWeb

Yesterday I took our nearly two year old 2014 Spark EV in for the secondary hood latch recall and to my surprise the service advisor said there was a second recall they would also perform, apparently new this month. It involves updating the firmware in the electronic brake control module, and from what I could find may apply to the Volt as well.

recall-spark-ev.jpg

When I took mine in for alignment the dealer also did a software update on my '15 for the unwanted brake light activation issue.

Not sure about the latch rusting though, is that a '14 only?

Interesting. Do you feel any difference? I feel the transition from regen to friction brakes at slow speed and braking rate more than I did in the Volt.
I'm sure this does not exactly apply to the Volt since it was not smart enough to activate the brake light when decelerating hard while driving in L.

NORTON said:
Interesting. Do you feel any difference? I feel the transition from regen to friction brakes at slow speed and braking rate more than I did in the Volt.
I'm sure this does not exactly apply to the Volt since it was not smart enough to activate the brake light when decelerating hard while driving in L.
While driving the brakes seem no different, although I hardly use my brake pedal, except to make the car hold still. I mostly use L to slow the vehicle. Typically my foot stays on the brake pedal when I boot up the car. It has always changed its pedal resistance as the ABS kicks in, it seemed the amount of extra pedal travel when this happens might have increased, I'm not at all sure.

As far as the transition from regen to friction only goes, I do not notice any change. I've always thought that transition is much smoother in our Spark EV than in the 2nd gen Prius I drove for 9 years.

The secondary hood latch corrosion recall is old, I just had never bothered to take the car in. It may well only apply to the 2014 model, don't know for sure. The service rep told me they only needed to replace some of the ones they inspected, and mine was one that did need to be replaced. This suggests a production change occurred in the 2014 model year. We bought ours in January 2014.

Unwanted?? lol..my rear brake lamps have never come on during regen deceleration like others say they see on throttle release.

Back