How to tell if a Spark has the DC fast charger option

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotte

Thought this would be helpful for anyone looking at a vehicle and trying to figure out if it has the DC fast charger option. These pictures are straight from the manual.

If the charge port looks like this, then the Spark has the DC fast charger option (note arrow pointing to rubber flap):

However, if the charge port looks like this, then the Spark does NOT have this option (note solid plastic plug):

Hope this helps!

I just noticed that the keyless remote is different if a Spark has DC fast charging. If the remote has 4 buttons (lock, unlock, start, alarm) then the vehicle does not have the fast charging option. If the remote has a 5th, stop charge button (looks like a plug with the word OFF), then it has the fast charging option.

i signed a lease contract for a car today, will take delivery tomorrow. the dealer received car that i leased today. i specifically looked for the DC option. where the rubber flap was supposed to be, there was a hard plastic cover instead, held in place with 4 screws. since the DC charger is mentioned all over the car manuals and the website, and i found no mention of "(if equipped)", i asked the dealer to put the DC charger option in the "items to be received" bill. i'm thinking (speculating) that the hard cover needs to be removed during the dealer preparation process, and replaced with the rubber cover. maybe some dealers know they need to do that, some don't, and that could be a reason for the confusion. (although, i did see the 4-button only remote, and the hard plastic cover as well, on another car in the lot that i test drove.)

Thanks for the pictures, I've been obsessing about the Spark EV for the past few days and have just gotten more and more confused about the DC fast charging option...the "20 minutes to 80%" is always advertised, so I didn't realize for a while that it didn't come on the current models! Kind of a bummer to me, I hope it's something that can be added by the dealer for those who don't have it now, but I'm not sure what kind of changes would need to be made to accomodate the charger.

Give me another couple weeks and if this obsession keeps up I'll be an expert on the engine/battery capacity, lol.

They better put one on mine or I will be taking my spark back! My salesman assured me it could be charged in 20 minutes. That's the only reason I bought it. It looks Ike mine is the model without the qc option.

Back