Seat fabric on the 1LT Trim level

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markcmann

Has anyone else who has leased (or purchased) a Spark EV with the 1LT trim level noticed how easily the fabric stains (drink or food spills, etc.)? And if so, does anyone have a recommendation on a good fabric protection spray to use to keep stains from soaking in? I had a couple of stains that I was able to remove with Turtle Wax upholstery cleaner (http://www.turtlewax.com/shop/products/turtle-wax-oxy-power-out!-upholstery-cleaner) but the brush applicator started to loosen the fabric threads and I'm concerned any future cleanings may end up causing a hole to develop. Just curious...

markcmann said:
Has anyone else who has leased (or purchased) a Spark EV with the 1LT trim level noticed how easily the fabric stains (drink or food spills, etc.)?
Yes. This my biggest concern about the car. We have banned snacking in the car because it seems very easy to stain the fabric. At this point, I kinda wish I had got the 2LT instead, but of course there was no way to know that in advance. Whatever Honda used for seat fabric on our 94 Accord was amazingly durable and stain resistant, so I just figured fabric would be ok.

Anyway, if anyone has ideas about treatment or cleaners I'd like to know too.

Yup, apply Scotchgard while the seats are fresh if you want to reduce staining. Clean with Blue Coral upholstery cleaner if there's some stain that won't wipe up, you shouldn't need to scrub much at all. That stuff works wonders. You can get it easily to boot.

Bryce

Nashco said:
Yup, apply Scotchgard while the seats are fresh if you want to reduce staining. Clean with Blue Coral upholstery cleaner if there's some stain that won't wipe up, you shouldn't need to scrub much at all. That stuff works wonders. You can get it easily to boot.

Bryce
The Blue Coral stuff is great, you can also find a decent sized can at your local dollar store.

Back