window tint

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the first thing I always do when I get a new car. I went for the 30% so it's not too crazy dark. It was $140 for all the sides and the back window.

I did 15% on all side windows and 5% for the back window. I think it's perfect. The cars I had before I got 20% and always wished I had gone a bit darker. I've also had a car with 5% all around and that is too much, especially when driving and backing out at night.

I went Limo (5%) on everything except the windshield. I love the low profile look it has on the titanium grey paint. Also helps with heat and glare. It does get very dark at night though so you need to be extra careful.

mkNbShtMkKfca-N6N0CL4BOLwx4y5EplH41hs-aLpuRWa_DjHGId43XVCw6H3RMlgxhSLtCWbX8mx8zs6VGoMwXqJ7Im2BKwMsZjq76JMtjfTbRxuNVm8X0TpjiFVZqDoOR1mcxRaWQcLOBPQJAmQ7utbyDP4SGAaMGSHe5HU4WsWTcCL6T_D1N-J1lmNjhdyvnpvIvReF6cLXTjQl_5WB8MXxMkkMaqDbiMJVHNgZhxz0uQzWggo-AlxqHExYGvSaJHoouuF7PcBMOdPc4nEOoibzebafjQmsBYIGjxQr-1-mZv9m9u6xMRcvWTHBT76BWWhy2c_WDqzzfOg8yBqKaDm34WfRSc_VaToe6_8mHg_5aOptCkVQgJf32gpL-IbeVSCp-bB2FlC0BkILskgwP6SiOXSUvDvzyAP36FhYSs9aXV3zvoeQne5GCZDzUVtUnBzLwcQq0qhqLWWDaACTjEWKi9sYVBDjaaZtJ067ehSw9Q_ooLBzd6lgDuISRHd2h8P-u_Q7xim__2V7INVDbbmv5dkcxDx1dqUEtD-6EEJm5tAFn6Ae4Seggk3UefQ_NsEA=w1588-h893-no

Chaconzies said:
I love the low profile look it has on the titanium grey paint. Also helps with heat and glare.

I am amused that you have a dark paint color, but then appreciate the benefit tint offers to keep interior temperatures down. ;)

I've got 35% all around. I prefer matched tint on all windows, and got 35% for this car so I get the benefits of the heat reduction (main reason I tint my cars), still have reasonable visibility when it's dark outside (35% is the legal limit on front windows in OR), and it's fairly subtle so won't hurt resale compared to darker tints.

For some of my other cars I've had 20%, which I prefer for styling and privacy, but it is pretty polarizing.

Bryce

Back