Help programming RKE transmitter for 2016

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sincerely sorry I did not see your post. I was away from the forums for a while and missed the email notification. It's likely that you've already answered these questions for yourself.

Thank you for that detailed experience report, and I'm wondering what exactly was the successful process that was used to program the fob?
Honestly, it was kind of a blur. The software to that special adapter (EZ Installer) is quirky.

I'm just wondering if you managed to find the protocol to successfully program the fob without the errors?
Yes, it was successful and I have presently have no errors.

Do I need to be on the ready with the "OBDII adapter" that was mentioned, any specific make or model and or app that you used ?
By "OBDII adapter", I think you're referring to the one from scantool.net but it could be literally any OBDII adapter that allows you to clear DTCs. Yes, it's good to have available. I had a few faults that showed up, likely from my own fumbling of the interface to the EZ Installer.

I hope it's worked out for you. Again, sorry for the delayed response.

I have two 2014 Spark EVs -- both with only ONE fob. I was about to execute on these instructions (despite warnings that the 2014 year might not work) but then I noticed the link to the link to the replacement fob says it is "discontinued'.

What are the options (at any reasonable cost -- under $300) to get a replacement key now?

Back