Spark EV Battery Heating/Cooling Trigger Temp

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyWoodCole

Ok, so I’m trying to figure out the temp thresholds for the battery heating and cooling system on my used 2015 Spark EV. The owner’s manual is a total dud. 😅
Does anyone know at what temps the system turns on and off? Appreciate any tips!

Once the pack drops to freezing temps it will run the 2.5kW battery heater while charging or driving until temperatures are 3-4 degrees above it. While unplugged and off the pack can go sub-zero and no action will be taken.

Im waiting for winter to confirm this again but I believe departure mode or leaving the car plugged in with a full charge can elevate temperatures to 10-13 degrees above freezing.

I'm not sure about the hot battery threshold for the AC coolant chiller.

Ok, so I’m trying to figure out the temp thresholds for the battery heating and cooling system on my used 2015 Spark EV. The owner’s manual is a total dud. 😅
Does anyone know at what temps the system turns on and off? Appreciate any tips!
I get that owner's manuals can be pretty vague! For the 2015 Spark EV, the battery heating system typically kicks in around 40°F (4°C) and turns off around 60°F (15°C). The cooling system usually activates when the battery temp rises above 95°F (35°C). If you're looking for specific thresholds, checking with a local dealership might help.

Back