Anybody taken the car for service yet?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunt2535

I'm just wondering, I'm at 10,300 miles and I don't know if I'm suppose to take it to service. Just for my info. how many miles do you guys have on the car? Has anybody taken it to service?

There's not much service required but I'd recommend you pull out your fine owner's manual and refer to section 11. You do realize that you get free scheduled maintenance service for 2 years /24000 miles, don't you?

At 7500 it's pretty much rotate the tires and check a few things, but if you don't do it you're giving the General a great excuse to fight you on any warranty claims later on.

RTFM.

Make sure that you remind them the tire rotation does NOT rotate tires front to rear (you rotate them side to side on this car). Most techs won't realize the front and rear tires and wheels are different, and you can cause damage by doing so.

Funny that there's almost no service required on this car, but one of the things you do the most (tire rotation) is tricky. ;)

Bryce

The already mentioned tire rotation every 7500 miles, the cabin air filter is recommended to be replaced every 22,500 miles or 2 years, whichever comes first, and the brake fluid is recommended to be replaced every 30,000 miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. There is also a recommended Electric Drive Unit fluid change at 97,500 miles.

You'll probably need new tires after around 35,000 from what I've heard the stock ones lose their tread pretty fast. Personally, I'm hoping mine will be fine for the whole lease (36K miles) :?

Back