Chevy Spark crash test

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHale

Didn't know if I should put this in the video section or here so if the admin doesn't agree feel free to move the thread to the video section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm3vFsl_RiE

any comments on the crash test, cause I don't know much and would really like some expert opinion.

I dont think thats the same spark. Deff. know its not a ev but it also doesnt have 10 airbags like the evs at least do.

It's a 2009 crash test of a non-EV Spark (obviously) in Europe. It got 4 stars out of 5 on their rating system, not as good as the Volt (5 stars) but not horrible. Not sure what differences there would be between this vehicle and the EV version.

I'm glad to see this, since there don't seem to be any US-based crash tests available for research yet.

From the website analysis at EuroNCAP.com:

Adult occupant
The passenger compartment remained stable in the frontal impact. Dummy readings indicated good protection of the head and neck but deflection of the chest indicated marginal protection for the chest of both driver and passenger. Structures in the dashboard posed a risk of injury to the knees and femurs of both the driver and the passenger. The Spark scored maximum points in the side barrier impact. In the more severe side pole test, protection of the chest was adequate and that of other body regions was good. Marginal protection was provided against whiplash injurues in the event of rear impact.

Back