Interesting Blink Network Change

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emv

Per an email from Blink, starting 7/20 if a car is left plugged in more than 15 minutes past when it is fully charged they will tack on an 8 cent per minute "occupancy fee".

I guess that's one way to get people to move on when they're done.

Wondering if this charge will apply to chargers that are otherwise free to use. Would it be possible to pay $0 to charge, but $0.08/minute for occupancy afterwards? Also wondering if it applies to locations where there is another parking spot right next to it without a charger, but reserved for charging, where you're not really blocking someone else from charging. I've seen this a couple of times on Blink Network stations.

It just occurred to me that with this new Blink policy, perhaps there is one little tiny advantage to having a 3.3kW OBC. Less chance of completing the charge before getting a chance to return to your car...

DON'T CHARGE AT BLINK UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Their $0.49/kWh is way too expensive, making SparkEV cost more than gas car that gets 30 MPG even when gas is $3.60/gal. I made the mistake of using them once before I investigated. Out of pocket cost MPGe is described in my blog post.

http://sparkev.blogspot.com/2015/05/spark-ev-miles-per-gallon-this-table.html

Back