EV range in winter

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKing4

Hello, guys!

I live in New Hampshire. I have heard that EVs lose considerable miles in the winter. In the summer I can go above 70 miles, up to 90. What can I expect in the winter?

When winter rolls around, your EV’s range can take a serious nosedive! That cold weather and using the heater really eat up the battery. So if you’re used to cruising 70-90 miles in the summer, be ready for more like 50-70 miles when it gets chilly.

@McKing4, Yep, cold weather can definitely reduce your EV's range. I have seen my car dropping around 20-30%. So, expect a range of around 50 miles as @baddecisions also said. It really depends on how much you use the heater and other electronics.

Hello, guys!

I live in New Hampshire. I have heard that EVs lose considerable miles in the winter. In the summer I can go above 70 miles, up to 90. What can I expect in the winter?
Hey there! In winter, you might see your range drop by 20-40% due to cold temperatures affecting battery performance. So, instead of 70-90 miles, you might get around 50-70 miles on a full charge. It’s a good idea to plan for shorter trips during the colder months.

Back