Aerodynamics of Chevy Spark EV

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake

Interesting info for Spark EV forum.

The 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV is more aerodynamic than the regular Spark. No need for an engine-cooling grille opening, so they're closed off. Below the faux grille is an actual opening for the HVAC and battery “chillers” (or radiators); the car employs a shutter when airflow cooling isn't needed.

The EV also features a more pronounced rear spoiler, underbody airflow panels, and low-resistance tires. GM figures all these changes add about 4 km of range to the 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV

jake said:
Interesting info for Spark EV forum.

The 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV is more aerodynamic than the regular Spark. No need for an engine-cooling grille opening, so they're closed off. Below the faux grille is an actual opening for the HVAC and battery “chillers” (or radiators); the car employs a shutter when airflow cooling isn't needed.

The EV also features a more pronounced rear spoiler, underbody airflow panels, and low-resistance tires. GM figures all these changes add about 4 km of range to the 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV

To be honest I would much rather have a faux front grill then just a straight front end. I'm usually not that conservative when it comes to car design but the most exciting thing in a car for me is the front end and especially the grill.(that's why I love me some BMW)

Back